Thursday, May 15, 2008

Institute

Today was Institute day! Every Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday I go to a scripture study class called "Institute." Institute is for young single adults, but young married couples are invited, and there are classes for older adults as well. We hold Institute on Clark College campus for those attending Clark, but there is also a class once a week in the evening for those who don't go to school or can't attend during the day. I love Institute so much that I sometimes attend both the afternoon and the evening class! One of our Prophets has said, speaking about Institute, “We urge all for whom [Institute] is available to take advantage of it. We do not hesitate to promise that your knowledge of the gospel will be increased, your faith will be strengthened, and you will develop wonderful associations and friendships.” (President Gordon B. Hinkley) I diffidently feel and see that promise come true in my life as I attend Institute. I have met many of my best friends there, and I know that my knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ has deepened and my faith has increased! At Institute we study the scriptures and discuss the meaning of them and how we can apply the doctrine in our life today. We have a teacher, Bro. Norton who teaches us from the scriptures, brings up topics, and guides the discussion. Everyone loves Bro. Norton and are very grateful for all his hard work and sincere desire to help us grow and strengthen our testimonies. Institute is the place to be. I love it! And am so grateful for the program, where I can learn and study the word of God along with my friends. So...come with me to Institute!

To learn more about Institute and to see an awesome video, visit: http://institute.lds.org

No comments: