Monday, April 28, 2008

Family of Freinds

I just got back from my Young Single Adult group activity night we call FHE (Family Home Evening). It is where Young Single Adults (ages 18 - 30) get together to learn about the gospel, strengthen our testimonies, make friends, bond, and uplift one another. I love FHE and the wonderful time I get to spend with my friends. In the church we are encouraged to make friends that uplift us and help us live righteously, and that is what I find when I go. We also continue to have fun outside of our "meetings" and it is a wonderful blessing in my life. Here is a picture of some of the members of our "family."




Today we had a lesson about enthusiasm. The gospel of Jesus Christ gives mankind hope, peace, and joy. This is why LDS people are usually found cheerful. The gospel of Jesus Christ gives us a reason to rejoice. We know our Heavenly Father has a plan for His children, and that He will all ways be there for us. This brings us joy and peace as we go throughout the day. I am grateful for this knowledge and the peace it brings into my life.

After the lesson we then had a crazy UNO tournament! I almost won! ;) Hurray for wholesome fun! There is nothing better!

1 comment:

Bri... only she said...

Almost won?... pshaw! Nonesense! :D

It was an awesome lesson on enthusiasm! I really think that if you want to be happy, smile and look for reasons to be (count your blessings) and you will!

There is much to be grateful for! Especially our little FHE family. They are wonderful! They inspire me to be better everyday.

Love you! Keep up the blog!

Bri